Our client is looking for a dynamic Technical Product Owner who will be responsible for managing the development backlog, analysing systems for possible improvements, and for facilitating close collaboration between the technical and business stakeholders throughout the systems development lifecycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation which will be going through vast growth over the next 5-10 years, so now is an excellent time to join a company that will provide training along with significant career growth and stability.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Product Owner team lead within the Information Systems team.
|Work closely with all departments, translating business requirements into operational system solutions|
• Review, interpret and analyse business rules and requirements for technical systems.
• Design practical and elegant systems solutions to meet business requirements
• Supplement rules and requirements with functional, non-functional & technical specifications, document these as solution acceptance criteria.
• Document other business and technical specifications as required: Use cases, activity diagrams, sequencing diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, deployment diagrams, etc.
• Ensure extensive system testing occurs prior to production.
• Review completed development to ensure alignment with requirements.
• Assist in setting up operational procedures and training manuals.
• Provide training to key users & other stakeholders during testing and commissioning.
Facilitate formal workshops & ongoing active communication between the development team and other stakeholders
• Closely collaborate with all stakeholders ensuring solution design and implementation is continually aligned with ongoing changes in business requirements, product strategy, the long term IT architecture & overarching IT strategy.
• Facilitate agile refinement & sprint planning sessions between business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts and the development team.
• Report on development & testing progress on your projects to stakeholders.
• Report on impediments to progress and actively work to remove or mitigate the effect.
• Negotiate the priority and delivery of business value with all stakeholders in accordance with resource availability, logical task sequencing and other technical constraints.
|Ideal Experience||• 3+ years as a product owner, business or systems analyst.|
• A proven track record of implementing word-class systems and solutions.
• Financial markets and investment management in particular.
|Ideal Qualifications||Graduate student in Accounting, Investment Management or Computer Science fields (with strong Mathematical/Accounting background or subject knowledge an advantage).|
|Competencies & Personality Attributes||• Strong knowledge of the IT environment.|
• Strong knowledge of the financial services and particularly the investment management sector.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced & delivery oriented environment.
• The ability to facilitate sessions with large groups of people.
• Practical, outgoing and flexible.
• Solid understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
|Most Important Attribute||Ability to work under pressure, manage time and multi-task on multiple projects|
|Systems Knowledge||AAdvanced knowledge & competency in:|
• Core Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Excel, but also Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Microsoft SQL Server – writing & analysing SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
Knowledge of the following would be a distinct advantage:
• Front, middle and back office investment management systems (e.g. Bloomberg AIM, Invest One, Flexcube, StatPro Performance).
• Reporting software suites (e.g. SSRS, Vermilion, Crystal Reports)
• CRM systems, specifically Salesforce.