The leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Technical Programme Manager to join the Marketplace team in Cape Town.
The position reports to the Marketplace Product Owner and is responsible for defining and briefing in technical product requirements for technical projects and related project management, to ensure on-time delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Marketplace Product Owner to define strategic business requirements for technical products
- Translating business requirements into functional and technical IT user stories and project specifications, by ensuring that projects are broken down into phases to deliver immediate business benefit
- End-to-end project management of technical projects throughout the entire product development lifecycle – setting timelines, driving project schedules, leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release and managing the production launch
- Collaborate with the development team and other engineering colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion, and clarify details required for a successful build
- Managing project stakeholder communications to ensure optimal escalation of project risks
- Managing the prioritisation of the Marketplace engineering team’s tasks
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis, preferably driving large, company-wide initiatives
- Relevant tertiary degree (Computer Science/Engineering/Informatics)
- Experience in an agile / iterative project management and development environment is a requirement
- Ability to create process flow and activity modelling diagrams
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is a plus