Responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of functional and automated scripts, creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems. To bring automation in line with existing functional aspect of the test effort.
- Experience testing in an Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development process and environment
- Experience with designing and execution of test plans
- Solid experience working with automation frameworks
- Strong understanding and application of manual and automated testing
- Experience of testing end to end solutions
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements and to map them to test cases
- Experience with defect tracking process
- Good practical understanding of software validation methodologies
- Converting manual test case base to automated tests
- Maintaining and extending the automation suite
- Identify test automation needs and develop automated scripts / test cases to cover gaps according to test automation plan
- Understanding of configuration management and version control
- SQL query design (Stored Procedures and Triggers) and database testing
- Knowledge of performance test automation tools and effective implementation techniques
- Risk based testing and test prioritisation (Risk identification, assessment, mitigation and management)
- Developing and executing automated test scripts.
- Interact directly with developers to resolve test issues and application enhancements during SDLC
- Effective communication skills for both technical and business audiences
- Able to take initiative and contribute to overall development of good software testing practices and processes
- Capable of test leading testing projects without supervision
- Designing and implementing automation scripts applying the latest techniques in test automation (e.g., data-driven testing)
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and windows applications
- Design and create test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Work as part of a team to ensure project success and individually to continuously improve testing process.
- Proactively interact and partner with developers, product owners, test manager and other team members to identify best test approaches in order to support testing product functionality and performance.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Develop, document, and communicate test plans for ensuring quality software systems
- Testing in waterfall, iterative and agile environments
- Develop Software Test Specifications, test reports and validation protocols for unit, integration and performance testing.
Education & Qualification
Education & Qualification
• IT related BSc/BCom/NDip
• Matric or Equivalent Certification
• Relevant IT degree or diploma required
• ISTQB Certification
• MCSA: SQL Server - Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Exam 70-461)
Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (Exam 1Z0-147)
And any of the following:
• ISTQB Technical Test Analyst (CTAL)
• ISTQB Test Automation (CTEL)
• IIST Principles of Software Test Automation (CSTP)
• IIST Certified Software Test Automation Specialist (CSTAS)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in test automation
• Solid experience working with test automation frameworks
• Experience of testing end to end solutions
• Risk based testing and test prioritisation (Risk identification, assessment, mitigation and
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Application of testing principles and techniques
• Previous development experience
• Database testing, Web service testing
• Exposure to VB Script, Java, C#, SQL, XML
• Exposure to load or performance testing
• Experience of source control systems and configuration management.